Sunday, 30 November 2014

Texturing the king

For our presentation we wanted a few textured assets to show off our art style. One of the main ones was obviously the king. I took it up to texturing him but also to try out stylised texture creation inside dDo.

The texture creation process is really easy in this pipeline, the majority of your time is spent on creating your initial maps but also a colour map. The colour map tells dDo which materials to use and uses the colours as masks.

The colour map for the King's coat
After this I had to create my own stylised materials as dDo doesn't have many to play with. One example below is a red material with a hand painted look, this is just created by overlaying masks on top of each other.


I blocked out some colours and got feedback from the team, we went through several versions until we were happy.


Finally here is a beauty shot of the coat and the current WIP render of the King.




No comments:

Post a Comment